Sunday, September 8, 2013

School now in session

Made it through the first week of school! I'm super excited for every single one of my classes. It's going to be a fantastic class schedule. I enjoy all my professors too! Throughout the week we went out to eat a few places. There is a Chinese restaurant (weird right??) near the Cat Sanctuary. It was delicious. Best sweet and sour chicken I have ever had in my lifetime. Next to that is a place called Pizzeria Florida and we stopped in there once this week too. It's super cheap and one of the most delicious pizza places ever. Potato pizza is my all time favorite. Anytime I can find it, it's what I order.We also tend to get coffee a lot and we get it from the same cafe each time. We go to a cafe that is on our way to the studio. We have made friends with the owner and he is super nice. He's an older gentleman. He speaks some English and when he learned that we were learning some Italian in one of our classes he told us that we would help each other out and learn from each other! :) He has also given us free cookies as a sample. He's incredibly nice!

Food wise we are mostly eating at our apartment and cooking. We eat a lot of pasta because it's easy. The one thing I am craving and don't have access to is peanut butter! It doesn't exist here in Italy. Super depressing. I've already decided that I'm eating it by the spoonfuls out of the jar when I get back home ;)

This weekend we did some more exploring and a little more shopping (always haha). On sabato (Saturday) we went to the Roman Forum and the Colosseum. Both were absolutely incredible. Breathtaking. We were fortunate enough to go inside the Colosseum. I have never seen anything so amazing than that. I was blown away. It's so easy to picture what it used to be like when it was used. Being here in Rome is a mix of traveling back in time and still staying in the same century and that feeling is one so incredible that I won't ever forget it.

Today, domenica (Sunday) we went to the market that is directly outside of our apartment. There is so much stuff! The market literally goes on forever. A lot of the stuff is repeated though, but there were definitely good finds there. We then made our way to the mall and did a little shopping there. The rest of the afternoon/night is dedicated to relaxing and homework (no, I haven't forgotten about school although it sure sounds like I have). Not too much homework yet which is nice. It allows us to still site see and do what we please on the weekends without the stress level of school.

It was a good week here in Rome! A laid back yet still eventful one. More exploring ahead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment